“Mindfulness - moment to moment nonjudgmental attention and awareness.”
About This Program
The Eightfold Path is at the heart of Buddhist teachings and practices. The path teaches a step-by-step approach for cultivating the wisdom, compassion, clarity, and peace required to uproot and overcome the deep underlying cause of discontentment and realize true happiness in life.
"WALKING THE PATH" IS THREE-PART PROGRAM
Walking the path is a three-part program that offering an in-depth exploration into the entire eightfold path for those who would like learn and deepen their understanding of traditional Buddhist teachings on the Eightfold Path as a means to inform their formal practice and live a more intentional life.
Traditionally, the eightfold path is divided into three categories of understanding and practice; Wisdom, integrity, and Mental Development. Accordingly, the "Walking the Path" Course is offered as three different parts, exploring each division of the Path.
Each part can be taken separately or together as a complete course.
About This Event
Mindfulness has become a popular word. Everywhere you turn, references to mindful “this or that” have become mainstream. But what is Mindfulness? How do I learn more about it? How can this be beneficial to my life?
This Open House has been designed to provide an opportunity for you to understand more about Mindfulness practice, and to get to know Rooted In Mindfulness, a Community Insight Meditation Center, dedicated to the learning and practice of Mindfulness, wisdom, and compassion.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
During our Open House you will have a chance to:
- Visit the Center and get to know people who are a part of the community.
- Understand some of the key aspirations of Rooted In Mindfulness.
- Receive information about mindfulness practice and programs.
- Exchange ideas on how to get started on your Mindfulness journey at Rooted In Mindfulness.
- Have an opportunity to ask questions in an informal and friendly way.
- Have an opportunity for experiential learning during our Taste of Mindfulness Practice. If you choose, come to the Meditation Hall at 11:15 am for a short mindfulness meditation practice followed by friendly conversation addressing your specific questions and needs. See for yourself what Mindfulness is all about.
A SPECIAL OPEN HOUSE OFFERING
- TASTE OF MINDFULNESS PRACTICE: 11:15 am - 11:35 am - Experience a short mindful meditation.
- Have an opportunity to ask questions about meditation.
HOW TO ATTEND
For planning purposes, registration is recommended, but not required: