"Mindfulness helps you to touch the wonders of life for self-nourishment and healing."
This Week's Drop-In Theme
"Wisdom, Intention, and Healthy Energy"
Join us as we practice meditation and discover ways to integrate the benefits of mindfulness more fully into our everyday life.
Drop-in sessions are open to everyone regardless of experience and prior attendance.
About Weekly Drop-Ins
Drop-in sessions provide ongoing training and community support for learning and deepening mindfulness, wisdom, and compassion.
Each session provides the support necessary to cultivate and refine formal meditation practice, explore essential traditional mindfulness teachings, and navigate the ebb and flow of daily life with wisdom and compassion.
How Weekly Mindfulness Drop-Ins Support your learning and practice:
- Formal Meditation Practice: An opportunity to practice formal meditation within a supportive environment and with like-minded people.
- Instructions and Guided Meditation: Guidance to develop and deepen an understanding of the principles of formal meditation.
- Essential Dhamma Teachings: Traditional wisdom offered in a secular way to inspire and to inform students how to transform qualities of mind that are harmful and cultivate those that are beneficial to oneself and others.
- Recommendations for everyday life: Practical advice and direction for integrating and applying mindfulness practice. Methodologies for transforming unskilled, painful reactions into kind, compassionate and wise responses.
- Community Support: A safe and nurturing place where people can go to practice in a group, learn together and share their impressions and inquiries about Insight Meditation.
- Opening Meditation: A basic, minimally guided meditation for settling the mind, opening the heart, and cultivating greater mindful awareness.
- Questions and Dialogue: to provide an opportunity to participants to share thoughts and questions about all aspects of mindful living and meditation practice.
- Short Break
- Mindfulness Talk and Dialogue: An exploration into essential teachings related to deepening an understanding of mindfulness, transforming destructive patterns, cultivating beneficial mind-states, and supporting our meditation practice. Practitioners are invited to share thoughts and questions about all aspects of mindfulness practice.
- Closing Meditation: A mostly silent, minimally guided meditation period to experientially integrate the class topic.