Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You, too? Thought I was the only one.
About RIM Reading Circle
- Are you searching for a way to further explore mindfulness topics?
- Are you looking for a heart to heart connection with others who have similar interests in deepening their practice?
- Are you hoping to expand your understanding of Mindfulness practice through insightful literature?
Join us once a month as we read and discuss literature relating to Mindfulness learning & practice.
What to Expect:
- Friendships: Bonds are often borne from sharing questions and insights. The RIM community is a welcoming bunch! We learn from and inspire each other to deepen our understanding of the teachings and the practice.
- New Horizons: We read a variety of books, and the exposure to different literary authors opens up new possibilities for understanding and spiritual growth.
- New Awakenings: We come together to consider how a selected book inspires and impacts our mindfulness and meditation practice. Also, we examine how an author’s message helps keep our practice fresh and meaningful.
Come as you are:
Anyone who enjoys reading and friendly discussion is welcome.
When and How we meet:
This group usually meets at RIM every fourth Friday of the month from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm.
Registration and What We're Reading
How to Join the Reading Circle
Begin registration for this group by following the link below under "Join the Circle". Please fill out the short registration form.
Once registration is received, we will contact you and you will have the opportunity to ask questions and determine if this circle feels right for you.
Mutual Support and Generosity
To best meet the needs of our greater community, Rooted In Mindfulness offers all of its programs in the spirit of mutual support and generosity. Similarly, The RIM Reading Circle is supported by the generosity of its participants.
You will have the opportunity to offer a tax-deductible donation (Dana) during each meeting.
Our Current Book and Assignment
Living Beautifully with Uncertainty and Change, by Pema Chödrön. Chapters 1-5