This course, Part One of the Mindful Living Series, is ideal for those who would like to establish a skillful meditation practice and realize the immeasurable benefits that arise from mindful living.
This wholistic course focuses on where traditional wisdom, mindfulness-based approaches, and modern neuroscience converge. Discover how these teachings and practices can benefit your everyday life in real and practical ways.
What to Expect:
The Mindful Living: Foundations of Mindfulness course focuses on a whole-person approach to cultivating greater health, well-being, and genuine happiness.
The course framework consists of a careful, step-by-step approach to developing the skills of awareness, compassion, and skillful thoughts and actions.
These skills, in turn, empower you to understand and improve your personal life, your social life, and your life as a whole.
What You Will Learn:
- How to live with greater health, well-being, and happiness: Meditation and mindful living empower you to achieve and maintain a positive outlook and a sense of greater well-being, meaning, and life satisfaction.
- How to increase resiliency: Everyone experiences times of stress and difficulty in life. How quickly you recover from adversity results in less negative thoughts, emotions, and behavior.
- How to Meditate: Learn simple, yet powerful approaches that help you develop a skillful meditation practice. Meditation grows your tranquility, stability, and clarity — all necessary for self-understanding and self-cultivation.
- How to cultivate greater awareness, insight, and wisdom: Become more aware of the workings of your heart, mind, and life as a whole. Mindfulness and meditation help you understand how your mind works, to see what is healthy, what is unhealthy, and how to train the mind in beneficial ways.
- How to nourish and grow good-will and compassion: Your wisdom understands what is healthy and what is not. Your good-will And compassion reflect your desire to align your thoughts, speech, and actions toward well-being; to be beneficial to yourself and others.
- How to live an engaged and mindful life: Meditation and Mindfulness are meant to support your daily life. Learn how to meet the ups and downs of everyday life with wisdom and compassion. Align your actions of engagement (i.e., thoughts, speech, behavior, and lifestyle) toward health, well-being, and happiness for yourself and others.