NOTE: Class summary recording will be added when Jesse returns.
This week, we discussed how to Investigate the Dharma in relation to the Approaching the Dharma Model.
Jesse recommended specific practices and contemplations to help integrate the dharma talks into your meditation and mindful living practice.
- Practice abiding in "Path as Refuge." Intentionally choose refuge in the '3 Refuges' and 'The Noble Path.'
- Practice remembering and living in a way that is informed by the "Guiding Aspirations" along with the "Path as Refuge."
- Practice Investigating and gaining insight into 'The 4-Noble Truths
- Practice Investigating when the 5-hindrances are present and not present in your lived experience. See how they are part of the "Transformed Unwholesome Mind-States" category.
- Practice Investigating when the 7-factors of awakening are present and not present in your lived experience. See how they are part of the "Cultivate Holesome Mind-States" category.
The intention is to become familiar and use the enlightenment factor of "Investigating the Dharma" to become a bit more familiar with the practice. Consider taking notes, and identify any insights or questions related to these activities. Try to keep an ardent yet laid-back approach to your practice and learning. Do as much as it feels helpful. Push yourself a little bit, but don't create on necessary stress and agitation.
Remember, this practice creates real happiness. Look for the joys and not only the struggles. May your learning and practice transform ill=being and promote well-being for yourself and others.