As an Audio/Visual Volunteer, you help make RIM's programs accessible to both in-person and virtual community members so that everyone can learn and practice together. Audio/Visual Volunteers manage the cameras and microphones in the meditation hall and ensure that zoom video and audio are accessible to all participants.
The Audio/Visual equipment and procedures have been implemented to be easy to learn and manage. You will be trained to:
- Arrive 1/2 hour before the relevant offering
- Turn on and off equipment before and after each meeting
- Check and ensure all equipment and software is ready for use
- Control camera views and sound through easy to use software and buttons.
- Help community members use equipment
Skills, Experience, and Qualities
The Audio/Visual Volunteer position has been designed to be easily fulfilled by anyone who goes through a short training session. The following skills, experience, and qualities are necessary for this role.
- Able to commit and be punctual
- Willingness to learn
- Basic comfort with computers and equipment
- Ability to do simple troubleshooting
- Comfort helping others
Audio/Visual Volunteers play an essential role at RIM. Your participation allows RIM to operate as a hybrid center, where members can participate in person and through Zoom. You will be part of a larger team of Audio/Visual Volunteers, each committing to one or more program offerings.