As an Audio/Visual Volunteer, you help make RIM's programs accessible to both in-person and virtual community members so that everyone can learn and practice together. Audio/Visual Volunteers manage the cameras and microphones in the meditation hall and ensure that Zoom video and audio are accessible to all participants.
The Audio/Visual equipment and procedures have been implemented to be easy to learn and manage. You will be trained to:
- Arrive 30 minutes before the relevant offering
- Turn on and off equipment before and after each session
- Check and ensure all equipment and software is ready for use
- Control camera views and sound through easy to use software and buttons
- Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution with software and equipment when needed
- Help community members use equipment
Skills, Experience, and Qualities
The Audio/Visual Volunteer position has been designed to be easily fulfilled by anyone who goes through a short training session. The following skills, experience, and qualities are necessary for this role.
- Basic comfort with computers and equipment
- Able to perform simple troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Able to commit to the role and be punctual
- Comfort helping others
- Willingness to learn
- A friendly, supportive, and non-judgmental attitude
- Openness to learning about stewardship and make it an embodied personal practice while volunteering
- Able and willing to collaborate with others for the benefit of the entire RIM community
- Term: at least 6 months
- Time Commitment: As needed for chosen offering
Audio/Visual Volunteers play an essential role at RIM. Your participation allows RIM to operate as a hybrid center, where members can participate in person and through Zoom. You will be part of a larger team of Audio/Visual Volunteers, each committing to one or more program offerings.