The GM/GE Meditation Coordinator will ensure Community Guides are supported with training and scheduling of daily morning and evening virtual meditation sessions.
- Coordinate and organize the general logistics of the GM/GE Meditation program.
- Manage the Morning and Evening meditation schedule, finding substitutes when needed.
- Elicit new community volunteers to guide the sessions when needed.
- Collaborate with Guiding Teacher and Community Guides to onboard new volunteers.
- Collaborate with Guiding Teacher and Community Guides to support and ensure the intentions of the sessions remain aligned with RIM’s mission and vision.
- Organize and facilitate quarterly meetings with Community Guides to create a sense of group cohesion and exchange ideas and experiences.
Skills, Experience, and Qualities
- Invested in cultivating and growing a healthy and diverse RIM community
- Sensitive to working with people with diverse backgrounds
- Able to model mindful listening and speaking
- Able to collaborate well with others
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with basic computer skills and willingness to learn
- The GM/GE Coordinator is supported by the Guiding Teacher and the Board of Directors. In order to fulfill their responsibilities, the Coordinator may collaborate with the following team members: Support team, Volunteer Coordinator, Newsletter, and other RIM volunteers.
Anticipated Time Commitment and Involvement
- Position Term: 1 year
- Time commitment: Varies - When scheduling, average 1 hour per week. Quarterly 1 hour check-ins with Guiding Teacher and Guides. Periodic emails to ensure schedule stability.
- Location: Flexible - Rooted In Mindfulness, Zoom, Home.