As a Greeter volunteer, you help fellow community members and visitors feel welcome, safe, comfortable and supported at RIM's in-person offerings. Greeters also help prepare the meditation and community room spaces to create a clean and supportive environment. Most offerings will have a team of two greeters/openers.
- Opens and readies the community room and meditation hall for community participants.
- Welcomes current members and visitors as they arrive to the Center.
- Offers direction for new people to the Meditation and Community Rooms, restrooms, tea & snack area, library, information area, etc.
- Answers any questions and concerns related to RIM, its offerings, practice of dana, etc.
- Helps support those with specific needs, i.e., listening devices, seating, etc.
Skills, Experience, and Qualities
- Commit to arrive at least 30 minutes before a class or event and remain 15 minutes after the close of the session.
- A friendly, supportive, and non-judgmental attitude.
- Sensitivity to the needs of each person and ability to modulate your interactions accordingly to create a welcoming, safe, and comfortable experience for all.
- Openness to learning about stewardship and make it an embodied personal practice while volunteering.
- Openness to learning how to help participants understand and embody the shared values and best practices related to learning and practicing as a community.
- Able and willing to collaborate with others for the benefit of the entire RIM community.
- Term: at least 6 months
- Time Commitment: As needed for chosen offering