Kalyana Mitta (spiritual friends) groups allow RIM community members to connect with others in a safe, friendly, and supportive setting. These groups support learning, practice and complement all other programs at RIM.
The Kalyana Mitta Group Coordinator helps fellow community members navigate the process to bring a KM group to life. The coordinator supports facilitators as they get started, become established, and fulfill the group's intentions while remaining aligned with RIM's mission and vision.
- Steward the meaning and purpose of Kalyana Mitta Groups;
- Manage and support members who are submitting KM Group applications;
- Collaborate with Guiding Teacher and other involved members to review KM group applications;
- Coordinate, organize, and manage the general logistics of the KM program.
Skills, Experience, and Qualities
- Ability to work independently, set up priorities, and follow-through
- Sensitive to working with people with diverse backgrounds
- Able to collaborate well with others
- Willing to support and empower community members
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with basic computer skills and willingness to learn
- Term: At least 1 year
- Time Commitment: Typically 1-2 hours / week