Help take care of the plants that beautify and foster well-being to RIM’s shared space.The plant caretaker is responsible for tending to all the plants and flowers that adorn our center. Creating the conditions for our plants to thrive can be a beneficial part of a mindfulness practice.
- Water plants on a weekly basis (as needed)
- Trim and re-pot plants when needed
- Clean up and discard any debris around plants
- Care for any vases of fresh flowers at the center; provide fresh water, fresh cut stems, discard flowers no longer blooming, clean vases
- Communicate need for supplies and new plants
Skills, Experience, and Qualities
- Knowledgeable about indoor plants and/or willingness to learn
- Willingness to travel to RIM approximately 1 time per week
- This position may be shared by 2 volunteers.
Anticipated Time Commitment and Involvement
- Position Term: Minimum of 1 year commitment
- Time commitment: Approximately 1 hour per week
- Location: At Rooted In Mindfulness